User Base of Telco’s In Pakistan
Pakistan telecom sector increased the number of mobile broadband subscriptions by 58% over the previous month as the subscriber base stood 10 million at the end of January 2015.
The total number of 3G subscriptions increased to 9 million at the end of January 2015, it has gone up by 58% compared to 5.7 million in December 2014 last year.
Telenor is leading cellphone broadband market with 2.7 million customers as of January 31, 2015, up 20% from 2.2 million 3G users in the previous month.
- Ufone had 2.2 million customers at the end of January, up 15% from 1.7 million in December 2014.
- Mobilink’s 3G-user base increased by 21% to 2.1 million compared to 1.7 million in the previous month.
- Zong had 1.8 million 3G connections at the end of January, up 11% from 1.6 million in the previous month.
- Warid had 44,075 LTE users while Zong had 5,023 4G users at the end of January 2015.
- Warid drove the steep surge in the number of 4G users. Warid had 44,075 4G users while Zong had 5,023 4G users at the end of January 2015.
If the total number of 2G subscribers is also taken into account, the telecom industry’s overall subscriber base has been increased by 0.5% to 136.4 million in January 2015 compared to 135.7 million in the previous month December 2104.
Mobilink retains its position as the market leader with 38.3 million (2G and 3G) users as of January 2015.
Telenor Pakistan is the second largest cellular operator in the country with 36.5 million users.
Zong has 27.4 million customers and is on number three.
Ufone remains at number four with 21.7 million customers.
Warid Telecom has 12.3 million users and is on number five.